Monday, September 22, 2008

Headliners , Belfast - Northern Ireland

Hey

My name is Lisa and I am one of the lucky participants from Germany. I am twenty one and currently studying media and communication in a big city in the east of Germany, Leipzig.
I spend the last year doing an European Voluntary Service in Belfast. I was working at a youthmedia project called Headliners. Headliners is a UK-wide news agency producing news, features and comment by young people.Through a unique learning through journalism programme, young people aged 8 to 19 research and write stories on issues that are important to them for publication in national and local newspapers, magazines, television and radio.
In Belfast we were concentrating on short movies and photography. In the office are working two full-staff members, 2 part-time workers and 2 EVS volunteers. We did a lot of outreach work in schools for pupils with special needs. This wee video is a short film about Headliners and I think the young people creating this did a fairly good job telling you what this project is about. As well you get a little insight of my working place.
I really look forward to get to know all of you soon.
Cheers, Lisa

No comments: